Excellence in keeping with the times
From 200,000 to 5,000,000 brake discs. The origins of the Company date back to the late 1960s, when its founder acquired the first warehouse for the storage of mechanical spare parts in Palazzolo Milanese, which was then transferred to Cazzago San Martino, in the province of Brescia, in 1971 with the construction of the new CAR S.p.A. plant.
The history and success of the Company are interwoven and coincide with the development phases of the Automotive sector: the production of vehicles in Western Europe went from 1.6 million in 1950 to 6.1 million at the start of the 1970, anticipating the real revolution during the ’80s that was characterised by a major extension in the product ranges offered by car manufacturers, as they became increasingly focused on satisfying the requirements of every market niche. The company’s growth was supported on the one hand by the exponential rise in car ownership – with almost one vehicle for every two people - and, on the other, by the vision of the Management, which as of 2000, with the merger by incorporation of the Inter Brakes trademark and the synergy with the OMR Group, also began production for the OE and OES market.
In the last decade InterCar has made major investments in innovative technology, with the adoption of the Alutherm® corrosion-resistant coating system in 2010 and the installation of a chassis dynanamometer in 2014, thus confirming its status as one of the most advanced Companies in the sector.